c. 1246: Foundation
The friary had been founded by 1246 when the community received a grant from Henry III of 10 marks for the fabric of its church; the following year he gave another ten marks to help this cause.
The friars' first dwelling may have been outside the town walls for a charter of 12th June 1256 granted them fifteen marks to transfer their church and buildings to a more appropriate site.
Medieval Religious Houses, England and Wales, ed. R. Neville Hadcock and David Knowles (Harlow, 1971) p. 216
Jones, Barbara, 'The Dominican Friars of Haverfordwest: their sites and lands before and after the dissolution of the monasteries', Journal of the Pembrokeshire Historical Society, 3 (1989) p. 78