1526: Leasing of lands
From this time the friars began leasing out their lands.
In this year Thomas Rogers, prior of the friary, granted a chamber over the church gates next to the street along with an adjoining garden to Maurice Johns, who was one of his friars. This was granted to Maurice for life or for as long as he remained a member of the order providing that he paid 20s. on entry and an annual rent of 2s. a year. It was also stipulated that nobody else should occupy the chamber without the prior's permission.
Jones, A, 'Property of the Welsh Friaries at the Dissolution', Archaeologia Cambrensis, 91 (1936) pp. 47-49
Jones, Barbara, 'The Dominican Friars of Haverfordwest: their sites and lands before and after the dissolution of the monasteries', Journal of the Pembrokeshire Historical Society, 3 (1989) p. 81