Monastic Wales.

Event detail for site:

1538: Visitation

Richard Ingworth, suffragan bishop of Dover, was commissioned by Henry VIII to conduct a visitation of the friaries and correct abuses. He visited Haverfordwest, accompanied by the bishop of St David's and the mayor of Haverfordwest.

Sunsequent to their visit the friary was handed over to the crown on 2nd September, 1538.

Bibliographical sources

Printed sources

Jones, Barbara, 'The Dominican Friars of Haverfordwest: their sites and lands before and after the dissolution of the monasteries', Journal of the Pembrokeshire Historical Society, 3 (1989) p. 83